Welcome to the news section of the site. I aim to update this page as often as possible as soon as relevant information becomes available to me. So, please send your snippets of Masterton-related news this way. I will also consider using reviews of the author's books written by the fans, as well as photographs that you think Graham's fans might wish to see. These might include photos taken with the man himself, pictures of your bookshelves (I hope to launch an image gallery in the near future), articles you've written or any other miscellaneous items you think this site might benefit from displaying. Please contact me with your proposals. I look forward to your contributions.
- Fire Spirit (ebook edition) will be promoted by BookBub to US horror fans at only $1.99 from June 23 to July 7. The ebook will be available at this price through the following US eVendors: Amazon, Google Kobo and Barnes & Noble.
- From Graham: 'The photographer Sam Soursas has sent me a picture he took of me and Catriona MacColl at the Bloody Weekend in France. Catriona has appeared in many movies in Europe, including Hawk The Slayer, Afraid of the Dark and Horsehead.
- Graham has just received copies of the Festa Verlag edition of White Bones, so he is running a contest for an autographed copy. See his (German) message below:
'Hier ist ein kurzer Wettbewerb für die deutschen Leser. Die erste Person, um diese Frage zu beantworten gewinnt richtig eine neue Kopie der Bleiche KNOCHEN der erste Roman in der Reihe mit Detektiv Katie Maguire. Ich werde die Kopie für den Sieger unterschreiben . Die Frage ist: Was haben Sie in Irland tun Sie das Geschenk der fließend Gespräch zu geben? Senden Sie Ihre Antwort auf firstname.lastname@example.org. Die erste richtige Antwort bekommt das Buch!'
- Below is sneak peak at the cover of Dead Girls Dancing (Katie Maguire 7). Note that this may not be the final cover. Very Irish though, don't you think?
- Three Mastertonian classics - Charnel House, The Devils of D-Day and The Hymn - are now available on Amazon Kindle, published by OpenRoad Media. To read an extract of Charnel House, click here. These are the new covers:
- Buried (Katie Maguire 6) will be a Kindle Monthly Deal on Amazon USA for the month of June 1.
- Just in from Graham: 'Living Death, the new Katie Maguire thriller is published tomorrow (June 1). p>
'Meanwhile I have visited France for the Bloody Weekend Fantasy Film festival in Audincourt. p>
'I met Nicholas Vince who played the Chatterer in Hellraiser; John McNaughton the American movie director who made Henry: Portrait of A Serial Killer; Jack Sholder who directed A Nightmare On Elm Street 2; and Catriona MacColl the horror movie actress; among other writers and movie critics. p>
'The hall was crammed with horror books and scary T-shirts and life-size models of Freddy and zombies and other ghoulish characters. The atmosphere was amazing and very friendly. p>
'We judged 22 short films, some live and some animated. The winner was a film called Quenottes about a rapacious mouse which was like a tooth fairy and pulled your teeth out of your mouth while you were still conscious. Personally I preferred a film called La Fille Bionique about a bionic girl and her ghostly companion but I was outvoted!' p>
1) Graham and John McNaughton
2) Living Death
3) Jack Sholder and Graham and Nicholas Vince, p>
4) Graham and Catriona MacColl
- Part two of a new interview with Graham by This Is Horror addded to Interviews page.
- The new Katie Maguire short story The Drowned will be published on Kindle on August 1.
- Coming on June 7 on Kindle ... The Devil In Gray in its first UK publication..
- Taken For Dead has just been published in the USA by Trafalgar House and this is a very pleasing review from Examiner.com.
- The next Katie Maguire book Living Death will be available on Amazon Kindle on June 1.
It's now available for pre-order.
- From Graham: 'The artist and sculptor Philippe Dumont has sent me from Belgium a copy of the trophy that is presented each year to the winners of the Prix Masterton for the best horror fiction published in France.
'Le Prix Masterton was started by my friend Marc Bailly in 2000 and is now in its 16th year, featuring some of the very best of French horror and fantastic literature.'
- White Bones is published today in Poland by Albatros.
It was originally published in Poland by Rebis, under the title Katie Maguire but Albatros have been publishing all the subsequent Katie Maguire novels and they have now brought this first novel into their series.
- Graham has just been told that Broken Angels is top of the Australian Kindle charts at No. 1 and Red Light is close behind at No. 3. Congrats Graham, and a big thanks to all his upside-down readers!
- Part one of a new interview with Graham by This Is Horror addded to Interviews page.
- Tickets are now on sale for HorrorCon 2016 for which Graham is one of the guests.
- Albatros in Warsaw will be bringing out a new edition of Broken Angels on July 1. This is the new cover:
- Charnel House and The Devil In Gray will be published as ebooks on June 7 2016. These are the new covers:
- The Russian online horror magazine Darker has celebrated its fifth anniversary and have published Graham's short story 'Camelot'.
- The 5th Witch is included in Amazon Kindle's Monthly Deal for April at only £0.99. Click here to purchase it.
Congrats also to Graham for reaching no. 1 in the Amazon Horror Bestsellers. Screenprint below:
- This is the Czech cover for Taken For Dead which will be published in August:
- Rebis in Poland will be re-publishing Ritual on May 24. This is the new cover:
- This is the online advertisement for the Bloody Weekend which Graham will be attending in Audincourt, France at the end of May 2016:
- Albatros have posted a teaser for the Polish version of Taken For Dead. Read it here.
- Just added to the Fiction section, a Penthouse Article - which was commissioned by the Daily Mail when, in Graham's words 'Playboy stopped featuring nudes. They didn't run it, in the end, because something else came up (to coin a phrase!) although they paid me for it.'
- New blog interview with Graham added to the Interviews page.
- Just in from Graham: 'My son Luke will be boxing for charity at The Brewery on May 26. This is his message':
'Morning all ... I have decided to support The Tadworth Children's trust for my Fight Night charity. This is a charity local to me. They take care of children. with brain damage, and it is heart-wrenching. It offers local people the chance to use their facilities in order to raise extra money. My daughter was taught to swim there by the selfless staff who dedicate their lives to these less fortunate children. Any money that you can spare in order to help their love and kindness continue will be greatly appreciated.'
- Here's the poster for HorrorCon 2016 in Rotherham, UK on 9th and 10th July 2016 at which Graham is a guest:
- White Bones was originally published in Poland in 2002 by Rebis under the title Katie Maguire.
Now the rights have been acquired by Albatros who are publishing the rest of the series, and they will be bringing out White Bones in the Polish language on May 11:
- Graham's friend, Marc Bailly has just announced the winners of this year's Prix Masterton. This award is now in its sixteenth year.
- Graham will be attending as well as on the jury of the Bloody Weekend in Audincourt in France between May 27 - 29. It's an international festival of fantastic film.
- Graham's horror novel, The 5th Witch is being published by Canelo. Click on the ad below for more details:
- Graham has a new story 'The Greatest Gift' appearing in Grey Matter's new anthology Peel Back The Skin. Click on the ad below for more details:
- Scarlet Widow will be published on April 7 2016. This is the full hardback jacket, front and back:
- Check out the Fiction section to read a sample of the fourth Manitou book, Manitou Blood.
- Festa Verlag are publishing the first Katie Maguire thriller White Bones in German ... and this is the first time we get to see Katie's face!
- The 5th Witch which was only originally published by Leisure Books in the United States in 2008 will shortly be re-published. More as it happens...
This was the original LB cover:
- Exclusive preview of Graham's new short story, 'Cheeseboy' now available to download from the Fiction section.
- A group of French readers have banded together to form a Facebook group to encourage French publishers to bring out Graham's newer novels in the French language. Click here to find out more.
- Taken For Dead (the fourth Katie Maguire crime thriller) has now been published in Poland. This is the cover:
- In Graham's words: 'I expect you can understand that I do not usually make charitable appeals on Facebook, mainly because there are so many deserving charities and I already make my own contributions to cancer research and to orphans and abused children.
'I am making an exception for little Marcelinka who was born with eye cancer and needs specialist surgery in the United States to save her eyes. Even a very small donation will help towards the $500,000 cost of her surgery.'
Click here to find out more and make a donation.
- As of today, Wednesday 06/01/16, House of Bones is number #1 on the Kindle Horror Bestseller List. Well done Graham!