Welcome to the news section of the site. I aim to update this page as often as possible as soon as relevant information becomes available to me. So, please send your snippets of Masterton-related news this way. I will also consider using reviews of the author's books written by the fans, as well as photographs that you think Graham's fans might wish to see. These might include photos taken with the man himself, pictures of your bookshelves (I hope to launch an image gallery in the near future), articles you've written or any other miscellaneous items you think this site might benefit from displaying. Please contact me with your proposals. I look forward to your contributions.
- Check out the Fiction section to read a sample of the fourth Manitou book, Manitou Blood.
- Festa Verlag are publishing the first Katie Maguire thriller White Bones in German ... and this is the first time we get to see Katie's face!
- The 5th Witch which was only originally published by Leisure Books in the United States in 2008 will shortly be re-published. More as it happens...
This was the original LB cover:
- Exclusive preview of Graham's new short story, 'Cheeseboy' now available to download from the Fiction section.
- A group of French readers have banded together to form a Facebook group to encourage French publishers to bring out Graham's newer novels in the French language. Click here to find out more.
- Taken For Dead (the fourth Katie Maguire crime thriller) has now been published in Poland. This is the cover:
- In Graham's words: 'I expect you can understand that I do not usually make charitable appeals on Facebook, mainly because there are so many deserving charities and I already make my own contributions to cancer research and to orphans and abused children.
'I am making an exception for little Marcelinka who was born with eye cancer and needs specialist surgery in the United States to save her eyes. Even a very small donation will help towards the $500,000 cost of her surgery.'
Click here to find out more and make a donation.
- As of today, Wednesday 06/01/16, House of Bones is number #1 on the Kindle Horror Bestseller List. Well done Graham!
- This is the new website of Le Prix Masterton, the annual awards for best horror/fantasy novels and stories in the French and translated into the French language.
- Darker magazine in Moscow have published my Graham's story 'Picnic At Lac Du Sang' in Russian. Here is the link for all of Masterton's Russian readers!
- This is the latest update on Le Prix Masterton, which is the prize Graham has been sponsoring for the past 15 years for horror and fantasy fiction published in French - both original and in translation. Laureates receive a spooky statuette.
- Katie's first thriller, White Bones, is now #1 in Canada and #2 in the USA.
- Head of Zeus are bringing out the book version of Scarlet Widow, Graham's 18th-century thriller in time for Christmas. This is the cover.
- Blood Sisters is now available on Amazon as an audio book, read by Noreen Leighton.
- Graham's short story, 'Beholder' will be available on OpenBooks.com from December 1. There will also be an AMA session on December 10 from 8 - 10 pm GMT. More details later.
- A sneak preview of the cover of Living Death, the eighth Katie Maguire book (after the soon-to-be-published Buried).
- Check out a new Masterton interview in Writing.ie, an Irish website devoted to writing.
- The Dichotomy of Christmas: A Holiday Anthology (Kindle edition) is an anthology of Christmas horror stories in aid of International Animal Rescue. Graham's story 'Anti-Claus' is included.
- The Devil in Gray has now been published by Festa Verlag in German.
- New Irish Examiner interview (PDF download) added in which Graham is interviewed about Blood Sisters by Sue Leonard.
- Graham has just added a new Message From The Author to the website.
- This is the finished cover for Buried (Katie Maguire 7) which will be published in February 2016.
- From Graham: 'Sometimes I have no idea what effect my books might have on people. According to this blog, The Hell Candidate had quite a generational impact. An additional irony is that I used to be drinking pals with Ronald Reagan's older brother Neil.'
- The Katie Maguire website was updated at the beginning of October with a dictionary of Cork slang and more pictures.
it will soon feature a map of Cork with all the locations mentioned in the novels pinpointed. Stay tuned for more.
- In Graham's words: 'I had a very successful book signing in aid of Cancer Research UK at Purley in Surrey on Saturday 24th of October. We sold several dozen books as well as signing books that readers had brought with them. I haven't yet had the final figure from Dawn who runs the shop but it runs into several hundreds.
'I would like to thank all of those readers who came to have their books signed. Some of them came from as far away as Preston!
'The picture shows me with a very loyal Polish reader Przemko and his wife.'
- Here's a pic taken of Graham on his most recent trip to Dublin which included an interview with Pat Kenny on Newstalk radio that was supposed to last for 10 minutes but went on for half an hour; great interviews with the Irish Examiner and Irish Times; and signings at Easons and Dubray bookstores.
In Graham's words: 'Sadly an interview on RTE TV had to be called off because the interviewer's mother had passed away - but we should be able to fix up another interview in February 2016 when Buried (Katie Maguire 7) is published. I look like I'm laughing uncontrollably in this picture but my publicity guy Declan is not the world's greatest photographer and caught me with my eyes closed!'
- Graham will be signing in aid of Stand Up To Cancer at the Cancer Research UK shop, 954 Brighton Road, Purley, Surrey CR8 2LP on October 24 at 2:00 pm. There will be books for sale but you are also welcome to bring your own books for signing in return for a contribution to Cancer Research.
- This is the cover for the Polish edition of Scarlet Widow, Graham's 18th-century grisly crime novel, which will be published by Albatros in Poland on October 28.
We can also announce that Scarlet Widow will be published in the UK in 2016 and will be the first of a new crime series featuring its heroine Beatrice who is something of a foresnic chemist, using the most advanced knowledge of the 1750s. More as it happens.
- If you have a magnifying glass you may be able to see Graham's name on this extraordinary map of world literature done by a 17-year-old Slovakian boy!:
- Here's an excellent new Red Light (Katie Maguire 3) review.
In other news, Graham will be in Dublin on October 13 for interviews with the Irish media and book signings. We will announce the exact times and locations of the signings as soon as Graham has been informed himself.
- Red Light (Katie Maguire 3) has topped the Australian Kindle charts today at #1.
Says Graham: 'Thanks to all of my Antipodean readers!'
- Graham will be visiting Dublin in October to talk about Blood Sisters (Katie Maguire Book 5) with the Irish Examiner and other media. More as it happens:
- Here is a film about Graham, shot in a cemetery in Brno in the Czech Republic last summer. It will be shown in Edinburgh in November.
- In Graham's words: 'These custom-made dog collars and leash have safely arrived from Colin Rafal at CrazyDog in Poland. They are beautifully made - two collars, one black with pointy studs, the other turquoise velour with blunt studs. The black collar has a triangular bib hand-embroidered with a demonic face and the slogan "I'M NOT EVIL ... Usually!" There is also a leash with my signature hand-embroidered into it. Every stud is nickel-plated and every hole in rhe collar is hand-fired for strength.
'Colin is obsessed with quality and I have to say that I have never seen any collars better finished than these. Now ... since I don't personally own a dog, I am going to auction these amazing collars and leash for the benefit of the charity in Poland which supports homeless children and children lured into prostitution.
'All of the proceeds from these unique collars will go to charity.
'Bids start at GB £100; US 160; 140 EURO and PLN 590.
'Send bids to email@example.com. I will keep you constantly updated on the progress of bidding. Bidding will close at midnight on Monday, August 31. Many thanks for your interest and support. I can promise you that your contribution will make a real difference to some children's lives.
'If you are interested in Colin's custom-made collars for your own pet, check out his site'.
- Blood Sisters (Katie Maguire 5) will be published in hardback in October 2015 - this is a panormanic view of the cover:
- Katie Maguire now has her own website. It's still a work-in-progress but will gradually fill up with more stuff as time goes by.
- From Graham: 'A talented young Chinese chef is given the opportunity to cook from The Secret Shih-Tan, a forbidden book of recipes which will give connoisseurs their ultimate meal. An excerpt from From The Hunger TV series starring Jason Scott Lee, story by me. Over-18s only.'
- Head of Zeus have rebranded the covers of the first two Katie Maguire crime novels (see below). They will appear immediately on Kindle and later in the year in the paperback editions.
- In Graham's words: 'A lender at North Yorks library left this review in their returned copy of Fire Spirit.
'And I thought they were hard as nails up North!'
- Replika in Poland are publishing the first Sissy Sawyer novel under the title of Prediction on July 7.
- From Graham: 'My grand-daughter Lucy has made it official...I AM boring!'
- Head of Zeus are bringing out a 44-page Katie Maguire short story Eye For An Eye on July 1.
It is available now for order on Amazon for only £0.99.
- The Manitou (left) and Maga Seksu (How To Drive Your Man Wild In Bed) (right) will be published in Polish audio editions by
The digital versions will be available on September 15. Copies will be on offer at bookshops from October 1.
The Hymn and Tengu will be published as aduio books by Radical Press in December, in time for Christmas.
- The latest edition of the Czech horror magazine Howard has just been published, and contains an interview with Graham. Even if you don't understand Czech, it's a great magazine with lots of grisly illustrations!
- Blood Sisters (Katie Maguire Book 5) will be available on Kindle from Monday, June 1:
- Broken Angels (Katie Maguire Book 2) has just been published in the Czech Republic by Host. Incidentally, it translates as Smashed Angels!
- Jessica's Angel which was published in the UK and US as The Hidden World has been republished in Poland and appears in bookstores today:
- Buried (Katie Maguire, book 6) will be published in February 2016. This is a sneak preview of the draft cover:
- Red Light (Katie Maguire, book 3) will be published by Albatros in Poland on June 22. This is their cover:
- Graham is auctioning a rare Ray Bradbury chapbook The Dragon in order to raise money for an Easter gift for the children of Gorzec orphanage in Poland.
It was produced by Bill Muntser for his Footsteps Press. It measures 115cm x 175 cm and is printed on Sundance Felt Flint Grey and Ivory paper. And of course it is signed by Ray Bradbury himself.
Bids start at GB £50/ US $75/ 70 EUR and PLN 280. They should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on April 1 and I will of course keep bidders in touch with the progress of the auction as the bids come in.
The chapbook will be accompanied by a letter signed by me to authenticate that this was my personal copy signed by Ray.
- A selection of pictures from the SO BRITISH Convention that Graham attended in Strasbourg on the weekend of March 7-8 2015.
(l to r) Pic 1: Graham with Audrey, one of the organisers (in black) and other visitor; Pic 2: Graham with Vince Corto, another organiser, and the front panel of a Dr Who box!; Pic 3: With Christophe, one of Graham's most dedicated readers, who came all the way from Paris; Pic 4: Graham with Flore and Babou after a celebtatory dinner. Flore was my translator; Pic 5: Signing books.
- Here is the list of the latest winners of the French Prix Masterton award.
- Here's a new cover for the Polish edition of Night Plague:
- The paperback version of Red Light is going to press today with a new cover:
- Graham's Polish publishers Rebis are due to bring out a new edition of Tengu on February 10. Cover below:
- Exclusive teaser chapter of Graham's forthcoming Manitou novel, Plague of the Manitou (to be released later this year) can be read and enjoyed here.
After their very successful publication of The Djinn, Telos Books are now bringing out another Golden Oldie, The Wells of Hell. It has not been available for over 15 years, but Telos are re-releasing it in a glossy new edition.
It can be preordered here.